Gala Screening of ‘The Guest’ at Soho Hotel on September 1, 2014 in London, England
When we live in a world where you can access free content of naked consenting women in less than 5 seconds, why are people still invading the privacy of non-consenting women for nudes?
Hint: It has something to do with people feeling entitled to making any woman their personal porn, even if it violates or humiliates her in the process.
cybersyncing said: ok but hear me out: The Hobbit where everything is the same except Bilbo has the personality of Martin Freeman
Ugh, say what you want about men, but at least we don’t spend half of our time complaining about the opposite sex. There is a trending attitude among the women of Tumblr, and that is ‘impossible to please’.
this just in
man complains about women complaining
doesn’t get irony
next at 11, women everywhere laugh at text post
So this is how the spirit of Doctor Who dies…
With thunderous applause.
I just watched it. (And being outside the UK had difficulties finding a link of yesterday’s episode and not a stream of the screening version that leaked earlier. What’s up with that? It looked like there were several yet unaired episodes available for streaming as well. When did the Beeb get leaky?)
What I liked: It wasn’t as boring as last week’s episode. More PoC characters.
What I disliked:
- It reminded me very much of the ‘Dalek’ episode in series 1 (with Chris Eccleston as 9). I don’t know if it was meant as an hommage, but it felt repetitive and like lazy writing.
- Not keeping Journey as a companion. So what if she’s a soldier? The doctor took part in the Time War. He’s a soldier, too.
- Two people of color. Both have colors as their last name. Pink and Blue. Really stupid coincidence or someone trying to be funny? It rubbed me the wrong way.
- I don’t know what to make of 12. Capaldi is great, but that’s not news. 12 is often unkind, even uncaring, just like 9 was when Rose first met him. He’d just destroyed his entire people after witnessing the atrocities of the last time war. The experience had made him a hard man, he was born in war after all. Being with Rose changed him. He started caring more. The same kindness and compassion could be found in 10, as well. All this character development seems to be lost on 12, who does not have the excuse of being a child of battle. I very much disliked how he dismissed Journey’s grief for her recently deceased brother.
- Clara being called ‘short and roundish’. She isn’t anywhere close to overweight. DW is a family show and I don’t want kids getting the idea that a figure like Clara’s is a problem. (Then again the head writer described his pregnant wife as a boat, so what did I expect?)
15 minutes into the new DW episode. so we have two new PoC characters. One has the last name Pink. The other’s last name is Blue.
The only two people of color on DW are the only two to have colors as their last names.
Please let this be a really silly coincidence, and not someone’s idea of funny.
every woman on tumblr should have this on their dash
I don’t think this quite goes far enough, though. I mean, just thinking about the one with the magazine covers, women aren’t generally posed in a way that makes them look strong and healthy, are they? Usually the women on magazines are made to look smaller, put in absurd positions, eyes wide, lips pouting, made to seem more childlike. Infantalised and sexualised at once. Photoshopped into shapes that aren’t possible, their very bones shifted to make them seem more acceptable to the misogynist gaze.
Just my opinion on that one.